The Bluespec Development Workstation (BDW) is a graphical environment for design and debug of Bluespec models.
- Simplifies ramp-up - Graphical buttons to execute all build (compile, link, simulate, clean) commands
- Integrated with 3rd party tools
- Editors - gvim, emacs
- Simulators - Bluesim, iverilog, modelsim, ncverilog, vcs/vcsi, cver/cvc, veriwell, isim
- Waveform viewers - Verdi, Debussy, nWave
- Browsers allow multiple perspectives of the design
- Programmable access to compiler information for debug: Packages, Type, Scheduling, Elaborated Hierarchy
The BDW provides a quick, easy link to third-party waveform viewers.
The basic unit of work within the BDW is the project. The project file (projectname.bspec) is a named collection of settings and options.